1825 Strand Way
Coronado, CA 92118
Councilmember Duncan is currently serving a four-year term on City Council. John also serves on the City Council Transborder Sewage Sub-Committee to advocate for solutions to the sewage flows from Mexico that are contaminating the waters off of Coronado.
John is an attorney with over 25 years of experience in complex business, finance, asset management and real estate law. He received his BA in Political Science from the University of Southern California, and his law degree from the University of San Diego School of Law, having served as the Constitutional Law Chair on the Appellate Moot Court Board. He is currently admitted to practice law in California and in Washington DC.
John also serves on many outside agencies on behalf of Coronado including:
- Director, SANDAG Board of Directors
- Member, SANDAG Transportation Committee and Executive Committee
- Director, Metropolitan Wastewater JPA Board
- Member, Pure Water Ad hoc Committee
- Member, IBWC Citizens Advisory Group (International Boundary and Water Commission)
- Coronado Chamber of Commerce
- Safe Harbor Coronado
- Director Board Alternate, MTS (Metropolitan Transit System)
Prior to serving on Council, John served as a Director on the Coronado Historical Association Board of Directors, a Commissioner on the Coronado Civil Service Commission, a Member of Coronado’s Bicycle Advisory Committee, a Director on the FBI San Diego Citizens Academy Alumni Board and as a member of the USC Alumni Association Regional Advisory Group.