The quality of Coronado's surrounding waters plays a vital part in its community lifestyle and economy. Coronado's coastline (surrounding waters and beaches) is its most important asset; as such, Coronado is committed to protecting, maintaining and enhancing its coastal resources and water quality.
- Structural maintenance (storm drain line cleaning, storm pump stations, nuisance and first rain flush diverter cleaning and inspection, and video inspection);
- Dry-weather sampling;
- Street Sweeping;
- Commercial business inspections (gas stations and restaurants, etc);
- Construction site inspections (perimeter control, material storage, discharges, general housekeeping);
- Municipal site inspections;
- Special investigations (illicit connections, illegal discharges);
- Education (municipal staff, residents, contractors, and businesses);
- Public Participation (beach and bay clean-ups); and
- Monitoring of residential areas (irrigation runoff, prohibited discharges).
- Development Construction Project Review/Approval - Storm Water related;