Street Tree Committee
||Date of Original Appointment||Date Term Expires|
|Shannon Player||Chair||December 2010||October 2017|
|Nancy Cuddy||Vice Chair||June 2011||October 2017|
|Michele Stiny||Resident||February 2014||February 2017|
|Anne David||Resident||October 2014||October 2017|
|Kim Moreno||Resident||October 2015||October 2018|
Number of Members: 5
Number of Trees Planted: more than 500
MISSION STATEMENT: The Coronado Street Tree Committee serves as an advisory committee to the City Council and to City Staff working to maintain, improve, renew and protect the urban forest in public rights-of-way, as well as to share information with the public, enhance appreciation of trees, promote proper tree care, and encourage participation in the development of Coronado's urban forest.
- Educate the public on the role trees play in the urban environment.
- Encourage and promote stewardship of public right-of-way trees and private trees.
- Increase canopy cover on street parkways.
- Maintain a written tree master plan and tree ordinance.
- Review and advise City Council and City staff on various tree-related issues.
- Hold an annual Arbor Day tree planting.
- Review and update the approved tree list and experimental tree list.
- ARBOR DAY - Saturday, March 19, 2016 - Plant A Tree in Coronado!
- Notice: Trees of Concern to be Removed Dec. 15
- Eucalyptus Tree Removal Notice
Agendas & Minutes
- 06/23/16 - Street Tree Committee Special Meeting Outline Agenda
- 06/23/16 - Street Tree Committee Special Meeting Complete Agenda
- 06/02/16 - Street Tree Committee Meeting Cancellation Notice
- 05/05/16 - Street Tree Committee Meeting Outline Agenda
- 05/05/16 - Street Tree Committee Meeting Complete Agenda
- Notice of Heritage Tree Consideration for Nomination - 1000 Adella Avenue
- Notice of Heritage Tree Consideration for Nomination - 822 First St. on E Avenue Side
- Deodar Cedar Replacement & Maintenance Program
- Approved Street Tree List 2014