The City's contractor, Grace Builders will start work on the pergola repairs at Centennial Park, replacing the rotted beams and repairing the rest of the structure, on May 15. The project is expected to be completed by June 5. Please note: The pergola will be fenced off for 3 weeks.
Scope of Work:
- Removal and replacement of nine rafters 4' x 8" x 14'-0' long.
- Epoxy repair of deteriorated areas on existing rafters.
- Sanding all members to remove loose paint.
- Prep wood beams by skim coating exterior wood filler.
- Prime with oil base exterior wood primer.
- Paint two coats with ProTec alkyd emulsion paint.
In addition, the City recently completed the restoration of the Ferry Booth in Centennial Park. Here's another reason to head outside during the longer, warmer days. Visit these improvements to this beautiful bayside park!
P: 619. 522.7342