The Coronado Police Department is introducing a new interactive tool that allows public access to local crime data in real time through a user-friendly website. The tool, Citizen RIMS, allows for greater transparency and information to the public in real-time.
This new cutting-edge technology by Sun Ridge Systems is a web-based interface, which enables the public to view local crime
data. The public will have a new gateway to police services with the following features offered by Citizen RIMS:
• Past activity mapping - The public will be able to view historical calls for service based upon a selected date span. The incident mapping feature is not real-time data; however, it is automatically updated throughout the day.
• Missing persons - List of current, and reported, missing persons.
• Stolen vehicles - List of current, and reported, stolen vehicles.
• Bulletin – This function displays information on reports or incidents available to the media. This report replaces the weekly media bulletin.
• Security Camera Registration – Surveillance camera registry allows residents and business owners to voluntarily register their surveillance cameras with the Police Department. Police will not have access to the camera systems but will be aware that a camera exists when investigating a crime in or around their neighborhood.
Citizen RIMS can be accessed on the Coronado Police Department website