The City of Coronado Beach Lifeguard staff will be hosting three training camps in March to help people prepare for the Lifeguard Academy, the Beach Lifeguard test and Lifeguard Trainee test. The Beach Lifeguard Training Camps will help further develop participant's abilities to prepare for the San Diego Regional Lifeguard Academy.
These Training camps will involve various skills to use every day as a lifeguard - such as swimming, running, and paddling. As a participant of the Beach Lifeguard Training Camps, the Coronado Beach Lifeguards will mentor and provide participants firsthand knowledge of what it takes to be a Beach Lifeguard at the City of Coronado - including facility tours and recruitment information. All participants must sign a waiver prior to participation (minors must have a parent or guardian sign).
*Dates of camps are subject to change based on water quality.
Beach Lifeguard Training Camp Dates
- March 11, 2023 - 9 am to noon * CANCELLED DUE TO WATER CONTACT
- March 25, 2023 - 9 am to noon
- April 1, 2023 - 9 am to noon
- Training Camp Flyer
- Training Camp Waiver All participants must sign a waiver, minors must have a parent or guardian sign.
- Lifeguard Academy Flyer Any prospective lifeguard candidates must complete one of the regional academy courses as well as Red Cross Emergency Medical Response or be a San Diego County EMT to be qualified to apply.
E: [email protected]