ADA Complaint Procedure
1. Complaints should be addressed to the City of Coronado – ADA Coordinator, who has been designated to coordinate ADA compliance efforts. Download the complaint form, complete the form and mail to the address below or submit electronically to [email protected]
2. A complaint should be filed in writing, by complainant or authorized representative. The complaint must contain the name, address, and telephone number of complainant and a brief description of alleged Department violation(s).
3. Indicate what actions you are requesting the City or specific Department to take to correct the alleged violation(s) or concerns.
4. A complaint should be filed within sixty (60) calendar days after the complainant becomes aware of the alleged violation.
5. Complaints should be addressed to the ADA Coordinator:
1825 Strand Way
Coronado, CA 92118-3005
Phone (619) 522-7383
6. You may request an informal meeting with the ADA Coordinator to discuss your complaint and the Department’s investigation of it.
7. You will receive a written response from the ADA Coordinator within 60 days after the filing of your complaint.
Using this informal complaint procedure is not requirement under federal regulations nor does it prevent you from filing a complaint with the appropriate federal enforcement agency.
Any retaliation, coercion, intimidation, threat, interference, or harassment for filing of a complaint is prohibited and should be reported immediately to the Coronado Police Department.