Council Actions May 17, 2022
5. CONSENT CALENDAR:
- APPROVAL OF READING BY TITLE AND WAIVER OF READING IN FULL OF ORDINANCES ON THIS AGENDA
- REVIEW AND APPROVE THAT THE WARRANTS, AS CERTIFIED BY THE CITY/AGENCY TREASURER, ARE ALL CORRECT, JUST, AND CONFORM TO THE APPROVED BUDGET FOR FISCAL YEAR 2021-22
- AUTHORIZE THE CITY MANAGER TO EXECUTE A COOPERATIVE PURCHASING AGREEMENT WITH TERRY EQUIPMENT, INC. FOR THE PURCHASE OF A GLOBAL M4 STREET SWEEPER VEHICLE, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT AND INSTALLATION SERVICES IN THE AMOUNT OF $394,493
The Council, in accordance with Coronado Municipal Code Section 8.04.070 Exemptions, A (3), awarded a cooperative purchase agreement to Terry Equipment, Inc. for the purchase of a street sweeper vehicle, and associated equipment installation services in the amount of $343,037; authorized a contingency of $51,456; and authorized the City Manager or designee to execute change orders in excess of $30,000, but within the purchase contingency.
d. AUTHORIZE THE AWARD OF A SERVICE AGREEMENT WITH D.R. RADON BOAT BUILDING, INC. FOR THE PURCHASE OF A PUBLIC SAFETY WATERCRAFT AND ASSOCIATED OUTFITTING AND EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION IN THE AMOUNT OF $158,694
The Council authorized the City Manager or designee to award a service agreement with D.R. Radon Boat Building Inc., for the purchase of a public safety watercraft and associated outfitting and equipment installation in the amount of $137,995; authorized an increase in the watercraft budget of $8,695; and approved a contingency of $20,700.
- AUTHORIZE THE CITY MANAGER TO AWARD AN AGREEMENT WITH AGGREGATEWAY, LLC FOR SUPPORT OF PUBLIC SAFETY SYSTEMS IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $100,000 AND AUTHORIZE THE CITY MANAGER TO EXERCISE FOUR RENEWAL OPTION YEARS
The Council authorized the City Manager to execute a support agreement with Aggregateway, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $100,000 for one year of support of computer-aided dispatch and records management system, body-worn cameras, vehicle mobile data terminals, license plate reading technology, wired and wireless network infrastructure, mobile and fixed camera systems, and other applications and systems. Additional authorization is requested for the City Manager to exercise up to four renewal option years, for a maximum five-year contract term.
f. ADD FLATIRON WEST INCORPORATED TO THE LIST OF CONTRACTORS DEEMED PREQUALIFIED TO BID ON THE PARKER PUMP STATION REPLACEMENT PROJECT AND CERTIFY THE AMENDED PREQUALIFIED BIDDER LIST
The Council added Flatiron West Incorporated to the list of contractors deemed pre-qualified to bid on the Parker Pump Station Replacement Project and certified the pre-qualified bidder list as amended.
g. ACCEPT THE THIRD, FOURTH, AND I AVENUE STORM DRAIN IMPROVEMENT PROJECT AND DIRECT THE CITY CLERK TO FILE A NOTICE OF COMPLETION
The Council accepted the Third, Fourth, and I Avenue Storm Drain Improvement Project and directed the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion.
h. ACCEPT THE STREET PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE FISCAL YEAR 2021/22 PROJECT AND DIRECT THE CITY CLERK TO FILE A NOTICE OF COMPLETION
The Council accepted the Street Preventive Maintenance Fiscal Year 2021/22 project and directed the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion.
- ACCEPT THE TRINIDAD PUMP STATION REPLACEMENT PROJECT AND DIRECT THE CITY CLERK TO FILE A NOTICE OF COMPLETION
The Council accepted the Trinidad Pump Station Replacement project and directed the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion.
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
- PUBLIC HEARING: ASSESSEE PROTEST HEARING AND ADOPTION OF “A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF CORONADO, CALIFORNIA, REAUTHORIZING THE LEVYING OF ASSESSMENTS DURING FISCAL YEAR 2022-23 ON FOUR HOTEL BUSINESSES (HOTEL DEL CORONADO, GLORIETTA BAY INN, CORONADO ISLAND MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA, AND LOEWS CORONADO BAY RESORT) WITHIN CORONADO TOURISM IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT I AND II”
The Council conducted a public hearing to receive testimony regarding the City Council's reauthorization of Coronado Tourism Improvement District I and II and rule upon any oral or written protests received from the assessed hotel businesses. Since no legally sufficient protest showing was made, the Council adopted the resolution reauthorizing the levying of assessments during Fiscal Year 2022-23 on certain hotel businesses within Coronado Tourism Improvement District I and II.
- PUBLIC HEARING: REQUEST FOR A ONE-LOT TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP TO ALLOW FOR CONDOMINIUM OWNERSHIP OF TWO RESIDENTIAL UNITS AT 456 ORANGE AVENUE
The Council adopted a resolution approving a one-lot tentative parcel map for condominium ownership of two residential units for the property addressed as 456 Orange Ave., Coronado, California.
- PUBLIC HEARING: CONSIDERATION OF A REQUEST FOR A HISTORIC ALTERATION PERMIT, INCLUDING REQUESTS FOR EXCEPTIONS TO ZONING REGULATIONS, AT 1115 LOMA AVENUE (HAP 2021-11)
The Council conducted a public hearing and adopted a resolution approving a Historic Alteration Permit and requests for exemptions to zoning standards at 1115 Loma Ave. with the condition that the modification of windows on the front façade of the property to become French doors with adjacent steps to the front yard shall be removed from the project scope.
10. CITY COUNCIL:
*b. RECEIVE ANNUAL REPORT ON SAN DIEGO ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS (SANDAG) ACTIVITIES
The Council received the annual report on SANDAG activities.
*c. AUTHORIZATION FOR THE CITY MANAGER TO EXECUTE A PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE THE REAL PROPERTY LOCATED AT 517-519 ORANGE AVENUE FOR AN AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROJECT; AUTHORIZE A BUDGET AMENDMENT AND APPROPRIATION; AND DIRECT STAFF TO RETURN WITH OPTIONS FOR THIS AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROJECT
The Council authorized the City Manager to execute a purchase and sale agreement to acquire 517-519 Orange Avenue for $2,550,000; authorized a budget amendment and appropriation from the Affordable Housing Management Fund for the purchase price of $2,550,000, and directed staff to return with options regarding this new affordable housing project.
- REVIEW OF COMMERCIAL PARKING STANDARDS
The Council continued the item to a future meeting.
Note: Items denoted by an asterisk (*) signify that the item was removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion or was adopted as part of the Consent Calendar.
City Council meeting links: