Council Actions May 3, 2022
City Council Actions from May 3, 2022
5. CONSENT CALENDAR:
- APPROVAL OF READING BY TITLE AND WAIVER OF READING IN FULL OF ORDINANCES ON THIS AGENDA
- REVIEW AND APPROVE THAT THE WARRANTS, AS CERTIFIED BY THE CITY/AGENCY TREASURER, ARE ALL CORRECT, JUST, AND CONFORM TO THE APPROVED BUDGET FOR FISCAL YEAR 2021-22
- CONSIDER THE APPROVAL FOR THE PURCHASE AND ACQUISITION OF LUCAS AUTOMATIC CPR DEVICES
The Council approved the acquisition through a sole source purchase of two (2) new Lucas Automatic Chest Compression CPR devices for the Fire Services Department.
- AUTHORIZE THE CITY MANAGER TO REJECT ALL BIDS FOR THE TENNIS COURT RESURFACING PROJECT AND REBID WITH A REVISED SCOPE OF WORK
The Council authorized the City Manager to reject all bids for the Tennis Court Resurfacing project and rebid with a revised scope of work, to be determined.
- CONSIDERATION OF A REQUEST FROM THE OLD GOATS/KIDS WHO CARE ORGANIZATION TO WAIVE CITY FEES FOR EVENT APPLICATION, FACILITY RENTAL, CATERING, AND FUNDRAISING FEES; AND WAIVE THE REQUIREMENT FOR A SECURITY GUARD FOR AN EVENT WITH ALCOHOL FOR THEIR 2022 WOLFPAC EVENT SCHEDULED FOR MAY 29, 2022 AT THE CORONADO COMMUNITY CENTER
The Council approved the request of the Old Goats/Kids Who Care (“Old Goats”) organization to waive all city fees and potential cleaning fees associated with the event application and use of the Coronado Community Center and waive the requirement for a security guard for an event with alcohol. Also recommends that this organization submits a letter of intent by August 1 of each year for all future events requesting City Council action.
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
a. ADOPTION OF A RESOLUTION APPROVING A ONELOT TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP TO ALLOW FOR CONDOMINIUM OWNERSHIP OF FOUR ESIDENTIAL UNITS AT 845 G AVENUE
The Council adopted the resolution approving a one lot tentative parcel map for condominium ownership of four residential units for the property addressed as 845 G Avenue, Coronado, California.
b. PUBLIC HEARING: ADOPTION OF A RESOLUTION APPROVING A ONE-LOT TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP TO ALLOW FOR CONDOMINIUM WNERSHIP OF FOUR RESIDENTIAL UNITS AT 756 F AVENUE
The Council adopted the resolution approving a onelot tentative parcel map for condominium ownership of four residential units for the property addressed as 756 F Avenue, Coronado, California.
10. CITY COUNCIL:
b. REVIEW TENNIS AND PICKLEBALL COURT USAGE DATA AND 2022 COMMUNITY SURVEY RESULTS, PROVIDE DIRECTION ON COURT RESURFACING SCOPE OF WORK AND TAKE RELATED ACTION
The Council received court usage data, reviewed the results of the 2022 Tennis and Pickleball Community Survey, and directed staff, when planning for the resurfacing project, to convert one existing tennis court in the Coronado Cays Park into dedicated pickleball courts; convert the existing basketball court into dedicated pickleball courts, keeping the hoops in place, if feasible; ensure that at least one set of the pickleball courts includes lighting; communicate to the landscape architect on the Coronado Cays Park Master Plan project to make the best use of the space around the Cays Tennis Courts and consider including a basketball court and more pickleball courts as part of that space; pursue public- private partnerships for tennis and pickleball facilities; explore improving the amenities at Cays Park and Glorietta Bay Tennis Center to increase capacity with lighting and provide a better socializing experience; and resurface the existing No. 1 court at the Cays from a soft to a hard court.
Note: Items denoted by an asterisk (*) signify that the item was removed from the Consent Calendar for discussion or was adopted as part of the Consent Calendar.
City Council meeting links: