Find an Activity / Register
Fall/Winter 2023-24 Recreation Brochure
The Fall/Winter 2023-24 Recreation Brochure is live! Online and mail-in registration for residents begins July 19 at 9 a.m. Nonresidents, in-person, and over-the-phone registration begins July 26 at 9 a.m. Visit CivicRec to register online!
Mail-in registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and does not guarantee a spot will be held.
CivicRec: New Registration Software
The Recreation Department is excited to announce that the transition from PerfectMind to CivicRec is complete! The new, robust recreation software platform went live on July 10 with the prior platform sunsetting on July 9. If you had an active PerfectMind account with a valid mailing address attached, your information was automatically transferred to the new system.
We will be continuously working to improve the end user experience and welcome feedback.
How to Create an Account - Video
How to Create an Account - Written Instructions
Step 1: Create a New Account
- Visit CivicRec and click Log In/Create Account
- If you previously had a PerfectMind account, click, Forgot Password, and you will be able to reset/establish your CivicRec account.
- Enter your information including name, date of birth, address, phone, email, and emergency contact(s) and create a password. If you have others living in your household, enter their information too.
Step 2: Account Activation
- Check your email inbox for your confirmation email verifying that your account has been created. If you do not receive confirmation within 15 minutes, please email the Recreation Department or call 619-522-7342.
- You will also receive an email with steps to complete proof of residency and proof of age for your minor children. Follow the steps outlined in the email.
Step 3: Confirmation & Completion
- Confirm your activation by following the link in your email to the online portal.
- Please allow 1-2 business days for Recreation Staff to complete your account once you have uploaded your residency and proof of age documents.
- You will not be able to update dates of birth in your CivicRec account. Information must be entered and updated by Recreation Staff.
- Once in the online portal, complete any outstanding fields in your profile and register for classes, reserve a facility, and sign your waiver during your first check out process.
Proof of Residency and Age Requirements
You may provide proof of residency or age directly to staff at the front desk or by enrolling in the Proof of Residency or Proof of Age memberships on CivicRec and uploading your documents directly.
The City of Coronado requires proof of Coronado residency in order to qualify for resident rates. Please provide a current copy of a valid government-issued picture ID to verify residency as well. The following are deemed sufficient for verification:
- Utility Bill
- Military Housing Orders (at least 6 months)
- Lease or rental agreement (at least 6 months)
- Property Tax statements
- Check with Address Imprinted
- Slip Rental (at least 6 months)
- Listed in the current Coronado phone book
Proof of age is required for all people under the age of 18 to participate in programs. Proof of age is required prior to registration. The following are deemed sufficient for verification:
- Birth Certificate
- Medical or Government issued ID card with birth date pre-imprinted
- Shot records with typed on birth date
- Faxed document from doctor's office verifying age