- Fire Services
- Community Event & Station Tour Requests
Community Event & Station Tour Requests
The Coronado Fire Department is dedicated to working together to achieve the highest levels of preparedness, prevention, and community involvement. We are honored to participate in school, community, and neighborhood association events, and similar public gatherings to meet our neighbors and talk about fire prevention and education.
Schedule a Community Event
The Coronado Fire Department offers Fire Safety Presentations and Fire Station Tours. To schedule a Community Event, please complete the Community Event Request Form on this page. If you have questions, please contact the Coronado Fire Department Administrative Team at 619-522-7374 or via email the Fire Services department.
Please note we are unable to send crews/rigs to private events, such as birthday parties. We are also unable to accommodate birthday party station tours.
Fire Safety Presentations
The Coronado Fire Department reaches out to the community in various forums to educate the public with regard to fire safety issues. A variety of presentations to the community are offered at no cost. School visits are also an excellent way to teach children about fire safety education. Specific fire safety topics are available for each grade level.
Fire Station Tour Requests
The Coronado Fire Department provides station tours. Educational and community groups or individuals are welcome to arrange a tour. The tour will focus primarily on the observation of the fire station's living quarters and fire engines. Guests will also be introduced to the many types of firefighting and rescue equipment that is carried on a modern-day fire truck and will have the opportunity to talk to Firefighters about their job. In addition, fire prevention and safety tips will be discussed. Station tours generally last about 30 minutes. We encourage all attendees, young and old alike, to ask questions and get involved!
Guidelines for Fire Station Tours
Guided tours of Coronado fire stations are provided free of charge to our residents as part of the Department's public education program.
Please keep the following tips in mind when scheduling your visit:
- Tours should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
- Tours are available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 11 am and 1 pm to 4 pm
- Each tour is approximately thirty minutes long.
- Tour participants should be at least four years of age.
- It is recommended that groups are limited to twenty-five people and we require at least one adult per five children.
- All Fire Stations are working fire stations and crews remain available for response during all tours.
Please keep the following in mind when visiting:
- Even with booked tours, the possibility exists that the crew could be called out and the station closed prior to your arrival.
- If the crew does not return to the station within 15 minutes, your tour will need to be rescheduled.
- Fire crews may need to respond to emergencies at any time. If they are called out, it will be necessary for the tour to end
- And your group to exit the station. You will have the option to reschedule your tour.
Each Fire Station Tour includes:
- Age-appropriate fire and life safety skills.
- Demonstration of the special Firefighters' clothes (turnouts).
- Viewing of fire apparatus (fire engine/fire ambulance)
- And equipment.
- Tour where Firefighters write reports, prepare meals,
- Exercise, and rest.
- Opportunity to talk with Firefighters about their job.
Community Event Request Guidelines
Due to the State of California's watering restrictions, we are unable to perform hose sprays.
Please make all requests at least two weeks in advance.
Community Event (Fire Safety Presentations and Fire Station Tours) requests are limited to schools and community groups located in the City of Coronado.
While firefighters enjoy participating in Community Events, our first priority is providing quality, timely, and professional emergency services to those who live in, work in and visit the City of Coronado. We may not be able to accommodate all event requests due to firefighter training and other scheduling conflicts.
If a fire crew attends your event, they will typically remain "in service" and stage the apparatus somewhere that allows them to leave quickly if they are dispatched to an emergency.
Fire crew visits at events are typically scheduled with the understanding that responding to an emergency may cause the crew to be late to the event, to have to leave abruptly, or in some cases, to not show up at all.
After we receive your completed online form, we will send an email within one week acknowledging that your request was received and is being reviewed. We aim to confirm the visit within one week of the requested event date.
Questions? Please email the Coronado Fire Department Administrative Team or call at 619-522-7374.