Coronado Wants to Know: Are you informed?

Date of Record: 2014-05-30


Contact: Janine Zuniga; (619) 522-7340



Coronado Wants to Know: Are you informed?


CORONADO, CA (May 30, 2014)The Internet is an invaluable resource in both our professional and personal lives. How many times you have gone online in the past week? Did you know that the City of Coronado provides many ways to keep you up-to-date on happenings around Coronado?

For example, the City's website,, has a News Center where press releases, meeting notices and important documents are regularly posted. Coronado's homepage also has a meeting calendar and the City's Twitter feed. The City has an active presence on Facebook and Twitter, where posts on topical Coronado news are made daily. The Coronado Police Department also has a Facebook page, as does the Recreation Department's Coronado Teens.

Coronado also offers a way for residents to subscribe online through its eNotify system to various City publications, such as meeting agendas and minutes, employment opportunities, newsletters, as well as Engineering Department Requests for Proposals. You can receive all of these in a notification email sent to you. To sign up, visit eNotify and type in your email address where directed. Click on any of the lists you would like to receive and click “Sign Up.”

One of the easiest ways to stay informed is by reading the City Manager's Weekly Update. It can be found on the City's website every Friday at noon under the News Center. The Weekly Update includes information on programs, services and issues within the City, as well as news, project updates and follow-up information when applicable. It is a one-stop shop for all that is going on in Coronado. Via eNotify, residents can receive a weekly notice that the latest edition is online and a link to the document. 

The City also keeps residents informed through two Nixle accounts (City of Coronado and Coronado Police) that allow Coronado to alert residents who sign up to road closings and other emergencies. Residents who wish to contact the City about a complaint or concern, whether it is requesting graffiti removal or reporting an overflowing trash can, can go to the City's Action Center, where items can be tracked until completed. Click on the Action Center tab in the upper left of the City's website and find the link of interest to you and fill out the form. The City may also be reached by calling City Hall at (619) 522-7300.

The City of Coronado is committed to keeping residents, businesses, neighborhoods, and anyone interested in local news, informed about their local government.